Advocate. Collaborate. Treat & Reduce Substance Use Disorders
A proud Coalition of LAHC
A.C.T SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Due to the impact of the opioid and substance abuse epidemic in the community, A.C.T, a proud Coalition of LAHC with the goals to Advocate, Collaborate, Treat & Reduce Substance Use Disorder, is seeking to reward essay applicants a $1,000-$3,000 in scholarships. The program aims to assist people in recovery entering college or already enrolled in a higher education institution, to pursue and finish their degrees, with the intention to help people struggling with addiction.
• Must be in recovery from a substance abuse addiction
• Students of all majors are encouraged to apply
• Must be currently enrolled or in enrollment process at an accredited university, college, or trade school within the United States
• Must be pursuing a degree and demonstrate a desire and potential to help individuals and families struggling with addiction
• Scholarship funds must be used to pay for qualified expenses for the 2021-2022 academic year
All scholarship recipients are expected to attend the following two mandatory meetings:
a. Meeting with Scholarship Recipients: Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. LAHC Community Center: 5275 Kenilworth St. Dearborn
b. LAHC 32nd Annual Awards Gala: Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. The Henry Hotel
Scholarship money will be sent directly to the academic institution. No personal checks can be issued to scholarship recipients. No exceptions!
Draft a 750-word essay describing how you have fought against substance abuse and addiction. Furthermore, explain how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals and what role will you play in helping others in their fight against http://www.gulfportpharmacy.com addiction?
Deadline to apply: April 22nd, 2020