LAHC Scholarship Program- 2023AY
LAHC is proud and privileged to be recognized as a leading advocate of higher education and to have the distinction of offering one of the largest scholarship assistance programs in the area. Throughout the past thirty-two years, LAHC has awarded nearly 2 million dollars in academic scholarships to area students.
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2023
Please read carefully:
The monetary value of the scholarship varies from one academic institution to another, pending the matching agreement we have in place with these universities. The LAHC portion of the scholarship is deposited directly into the students’ accounts and matched by that particular university accordingly. Recipients who choose to switch universities after applying for the scholarship, risk altering the final monetary value of the scholarship received.
- Scholarship Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the Unites States and reside in the state of Michigan.
- Senior High School Students
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 GPA or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Online Application form
- Most recent Academic Transcripts
- A copy of your current Student Aid Report (SAR). Report must include the EFC number (expected family contribution). The EFC number is an essential part of the scholarship selection process. To obtain the SAR with the EFC, you must submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the U.S. Department of Education. You can submit your application on the internet at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible so that you can receive your SAR on time to meet the deadline.
- A 500-word essay:
TELL US ABOUT A TIME YOU STEPPED UP AS A LEADER. Please provide a clear example of when you took on a leadership role, and what leadership qualities you have. Tell us what happened and how your involvement made a difference. Here, you can also highlight special accomplishments or recognitions you have received. Students often hire essaynow essay writers when they need to write or edit a paper.
- List any extracurricular activities and community involvement/services