LAHC Scholarship Program- 2022AY
LAHC is proud and privileged to be recognized as a leading advocate of higher education and to have the distinction of offering one of the largest scholarship assistance programs in the area. Throughout the past thirty two years, LAHC has awarded nearly $2 million dollars in academic scholarships to area students.
Who May Apply? Senior High School Students
Deadline to apply: March 30, 2022
Scholarship funding is limited and completion of an application does not guarantee an award.
Please read carefully:
The monetary value of the scholarship varies from one academic institution to another, pending the matching agreement we have in place with these universities. The LAHC portion of the scholarship is deposited directly into the students’ accounts and matched by that particular university accordingly. Recipients who choose to switch universities after applying for the scholarship, risk altering the final monetary value of the scholarship received.
- Scholarship Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the Unites States and reside in the state of Michigan.
- Senior High School Students
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.7 GPA or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
All required documents must be submitted electronically by the student, along with the scholarship application at one time. Applications submitted via email, mail or delivered by hand will be rejected. No exceptions!
Below is a list of the required documents/Information:
- Online Application form
- Most recent Academic Transcripts
- A copy of your current Student Aid Report (SAR). Report must include the EFC number (expected family contribution). The EFC number is an essential part of the scholarship selection process. To obtain the SAR with the EFC, you must submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the U.S. Department of Education. You can submit your application on the internet at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible so that you can receive your SAR on time to meet the deadline.
- A 500-word essay:
The pandemic and Covid 19 have impacted people in various ways. Some people have lost their jobs, others experienced loss and loneliness, others have learned new hobbies and discovered new things about themselves. Discuss your views on the implications of COVID 19 on society and how you think, as a community, we can address these effects. What role do you think youth should partake in this effort?
- List any extracurricular activities and community involvement/services
For any questions, please email Jenna Siedlik: email@example.com