Youth & Education Program Coordinator
Full Time Position
$37,000-$40,000 + Benefits
The Youth & Education Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing various program areas within the youth development and Education Program, including but not limited to Youth Leadership and Diversity Education Training, recruitment of youth and the provision of various social services and activities. The incumbent provides quality customer service and ensures a safe, fun, and positive environment within the youth and family program and department.
- Implement and facilitate the Youth Leadership-Bridge To College Program
- Manage the LAHC Scholarship Program
- Oversee the ESL- Adult Education Classes
- Engage young adults into conversation to determine their needs and interests
- Develop trusting relationships with both youth and their families
- Design, develop and implement dedicated youth programs to meet the varying needs of the youth
- Plan and facilitate all program activities to meet the individual needs of the participants
- Assist members in developing social and life skills through positive role modeling and learning activities
- Partner with community organizations, schools and other stakeholders to provide enrichment and cultural identity activities
- Create awareness of available activities by developing and implementing outreach programs and social services
- Coordinate community relations campaigns to promote youth programs
- Create and maintain effective relationships with local and regional organizations to obtain funding and support.
- Create schedules, timelines and detailed outlines for all youth teams.
- Tracks and documents program sessions with sign in sheets, detailed notes, photos, & any other means deemed appropriate.
- Leads evaluations of the program, monitors program activities; reviews, prepares and submits program reports to any funding agencies supporting this program
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work or equivalent degree in a related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with youths
- Capacity to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to relate to young people AND keep a professional distance a must
- A self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be grounded and organized and yet flexible and open to the changing demands of a small organization
- Willing to step into tasks as needed and request