Project Coordinator/Youth Community Organizer: SUD Prevention
Job Title: Project Coordinator/Youth Community Organizer:
Full-Time: $35,000 to $40,000 annually + Benefits
• Establish, strengthen and maintain efficient and effective collaboration among communities and business groups to support the efforts to prevent and reduce ATOD (alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs) use among youth between the ages of 12 and 25.
• Build social cohesion by communicating with school officials, parents and youth to create a culture of abstinence and sobriety.
• Prepare and complete reports as required by funding source.
• Ensure that program content and staff documentation comply with funding source
• Coordinate Speakers Bureau and Prevention Workshops to educate youth and young adults about the non-medical use of prescription drugs, marijuana and underage drinking.
• Provide outreach to local colleges, universities and health centers to increase collaborative educational messages about the issues/risks of underage drinking, the non-medical use of prescription drugs and marijuana.
• Responsible for the implementation of all prevention education programs in schools and the community.
• Assist the evaluator in conducting program evaluations and data gathering
• Help lead the development and coordination of the youth and adult Coalition membership program to build core leadership, youth organizing capacities, and substance abuse prevention development of members.
• Participate and/ facilitate workshops or trainings at conferences
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public health, human services, criminal justice, communications, social work, sociology, psychology, consumer/community services.
• Certified prevention specialist or willing to complete a development plan.
• Ability to communicate effectively with youth and adults and building grassroots “systems change” coalitions.
• Previous experience with youth organizing, community organizing, leadership development and/or popular education
• Prior community experience providing health education to various populations.
• Minimum of one year of related professional experience working with children, youth and parents Experience in public speaking and prior curriculum implementation is a plus.
• Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects and meet deliverables/expectations.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Project Coordinator: ACT Drug Free Community Coalition