Job Position: Community Health Educator
Full-Time: $30,000 + Benefits
Promoting healthy lifestyles and educating youth and families about health issues, primarily nutrition and wellness. Using existing approved teaching materials and curricula, the health educator is responsible for planning and implementing programming in educational settings.
Facilitation of health education workshops in local elementary schools; which includes both student and parent workshops. All schools are located in Wayne County, Public and Charter.
Assist Program Manager in preparing lesson plans that conform to program guidelines, are age appropriate, and based on the needs of the participants.
Lead group fitness activities and/or assist in beginner physical activity class instruction.
Education and Training Requirements:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public health education or a closely related degree area such as nutrition, exercise and sports science/kinesiology and nursing.
- Personal Training Certification highly desirable and/or group fitness experience; can include coaching.
- Prior group facilitation experience and/or classroom training experience.
- Approximately 1+ year of related professional experience; preferably with subject matter expertise in nutrition, fitness and overall health and wellness.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. An outgoing, high energy personality is advantageous.
- Bilingual is highly desirable.
- Solid organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and meet deliverables and expectations.
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation; daily travel to multiple sites to provide services to students, teachers and parents is required.
Click here to apply for this position