Job Type: Full-time. Position reports to Executive Director
- Manage the overall, day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Manage the on boarding, training and orientation of new staff
- Work with the executive director to gather appropriate data and information needed for grant reporting, and to support appropriate planning and decision making.
- Manage the website, resource database, develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans.
- Work on producing annual reports, marketing materials such as flyers, brochures and videos
- Administer and ensure compliance with requirements of grants and contracts.
- In tandem with the executive director, ensures that operations remain within the Board-approved budget.
- Manages interns & volunteers
- In coordination with the executive director, convene, lead, and represent the organization in stakeholder meetings, and other Statewide coalitions and activities.
- In coordination with the executive director, support fundraising efforts
- Ensure that all LAHC’s activities are provided within the scope of the organization’s Articles, Bylaws and status as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations and laws.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the executive director
Skills and Qualities:
- High energy; commitment to the organization’s mission
- Works well in new and somewhat ambiguous situations
- High level of comfort with technical aspects of telephone and computer systems
- Ability to attend to details.
- Ability to inspire, educate, and motivate personnel to work collaboratively
- Project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to use basic computer software (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel).
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Health and Human Services or related field preferred and five years’ demonstrated experience in an operations management position, preferably in nonprofit health or human services programs.
Requires flexibility: some evening meetings and statewide travel also required. Physical activities include sitting, keyboarding, talking and hearing. Must be able to operate an automobile and have a valid driver’s license.
- Operations & Development management: 5 years
- Non-profit health and human services programs: 5 years