Job Title: Communication Specialist
ACT Drug Free Community Coalition
Full-Time: $30,000-$35,000 annually + Benefits
Design, develop and review promotional and marketing materials, oversee the organization’s social media presence, research ways to expand a consumer base, and serve as a liaison to media outlets.
- Maintain & update the website for A.C.T Drug Free Community Coalition- A project of LAHC.
- Create and deploy social media campaigns focused on substance abuse prevention and treatment.
- Track social media reach, reactions, demographic and geographic coverage and report this data to project director and evaluator.
- Implement a communications plan, outreach strategy, along with the brand and marketing needs of A.C.T. Drug Free Community Coalition
- Maintain and update the coalition’s social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate updates to the coalition’s community calendar, monthly newsletters, and website.
- Design and produce flyers, brochures, video messages, power point presentations…
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations, service providers, government agencies, media outlets, stakeholders, youth and families
- Attend community and partner events and programs to continue to cultivate and maintain these relationships.
- Prepare press releases, keynote speeches and promotional material
- Work with Project Coordinator to produce annual reports, videos, campaigns among other projects
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press
- Plan press conferences and other promotional events to help keep the organization top of mind
- A2+ years experience in a communications or marketing role
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, English literature, journalism, communications or a related field
- Prior experience with web design, WordPress, Microsoft Suite, Publisher, video & photo editing software and capable of creating visually compelling
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills: able to manage multiple projects and meet deliverables/expectations.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.