Job Title: Communication Coordinator
Full-Time: $40,000 – 45,000 + benefits
Design, develop and review promotional and marketing materials, oversee the organization’s social media presence, research ways to expand a consumer base, and serve as a liaison to media outlets. Looking for passionate, creative professionals who can engage our target audiences with innovative ideas that breakthrough in a fast-changing environment.
- Maintain & update the website for LAHC.
- Maintain and update the organization’s social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat constantly
- Manages the department’s internal and external communications and is responsible for creating and executing all facets of its communications and marketing strategy.
- Prepares and delivers oral and written communications, including executive presentations and memos, reports, data summaries, email notices, web writing, press releases, media relations and copywriting.
- Prepares graphics for presentations and other department materials.
- Track social media reach, reactions, demographic and geographic coverage and report this data to project director and evaluator.
- Implement a communications plan, outreach strategy, along with the brand and marketing needs all departments within LAHC
- Design and produce flyers, brochures, video messages, power point presentations
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations, service providers, government agencies, media outlets, stakeholders, youth and families
- Attend community and partner events and programs to continue to cultivate and maintain these relationships.
- Prepare press releases, keynote speeches and promotional material
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, influencers and build strategic partnerships to grow brand notoriety
- 3 -5 years experience in a communications or marketing role
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English literature, journalism, communications or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Prior experience with web design, WordPress, Microsoft Suite, Publisher,
- Advanced experience with video & photo editing software (Final Cut, Premiere, Photoshop etc.)
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills: able to manage multiple projects and meet deliverables/expectations.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Personal experience with social media and an understanding of its role in business
- Awareness and knowledge of local or regional events and media environment
- Professional and interpersonal maturity with a proven track-record of successful relationship building