Advocate. Collaborate. Treat & Reduce.
The mission of A.C.T Drug Free Community Coalition is to prevent and reduce substance abuse among youth through community partnerships.
- Change the social environment by promoting community norms to decrease the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
- Equip youth adolescents and young teens with the confidence and skills necessary to successfully handle challenging situations.
- Help youth to develop greater self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Enable youth to effectively cope with stress, anxiety and other emotions.
- Increase their knowledge of the immediate consequences of substance abuse.
- Enhance cognitive and behavioral competency to reduce and prevent a variety of health risk behaviors.
- Reduce youth involvement in the court system by reducing incidents of aggression, fighting, truancy and delinquency.
Serving Area Codes
48125- Dearborn Heights
“The Back-to-School Summer Bash” that will include: food trucks, yard games, trivia, community building, school supply giveaway and much more!
Social Media/Tik Tok challenge! In our upcoming social media challenge, we will ask participants to create content that provides a creative way to explain or talk to someone about substance use and abuse.
On Thursday, July 29th from 6pm-7pm, the ACT Drug Free Community Coalition will be hosting a panel discussion on Understand and Combating the Stigma of Addiction. More information is available on our social media pages below.