Evaluation & Data Analysis Specialist
Job Type: Part-Time Position reports to the Operations and Quality Improvement Manager
- Lead programmatic evaluation, work closely with program managers to create assessment tools and surveys, develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Provides guidance for data collection best practices to ensure fidelity and adherence to internal collection protocols
- Research and identify survey tools to strengthen programming, social media outreach, and grant writing
- Identify opportunities to utilize new survey tools to enhance internal LAHC operations
- Collaborate across LAHC departments to develop databases
- Developing and maintaining databases, data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Skills and Qualities:
- High energy; commitment to the organization’s mission
- Ability to attend to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or related field preferred and five years’ demonstrated experience in a data analysis position, preferably in non-profit health or human services programs.
Requires flexibility: some evening meetings and statewide travel also required. Physical activities include sitting, keyboarding, talking and hearing. Must be able to operate an automobile and have a valid driver’s license.
Evaluation and Data Analysis SpecialistLAHC-Leaders Advancing and Helping Communities' policy and federal and state laws forbid discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, military status or other legally protected status under federal, state or other applicable law. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. An offer of employment, if made, will be conditioned upon the offeree's verification of identity and work eligibility pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.